Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm BACCKKK! (& What I'm Loving Wednesday!)

Hellooooo, can everyone hear me?! How embarrassing- I've been MIA for a few weeks  months now.... oops! I know there are no excuses...and I had all these intentions to write and took pictures throughout the year to blog but long story short, I never got around to it! Anyone feel like once they miss out on something that it's nearly impossible to get caught up?! (Sometimes I feel this way about working out too- haha!!)

So anyway- I'm hoping this time I'll stick it out in cyber world to be able to keep up with this blog pretty regularly! So I figured there's no better way to just get back into the swing of things like a good ole' linky party! So I'm linking up with Covered in Glitter and Glue to let y'all know about What I'm Loving Wednesday!

 It's Summer time! Who isn't loving summer right now?!  I know that my brain and my mental to-do list will. not. keep. quiet.  It's been so hard to focus on relaxing at the pool when my brain is like: do this, do that, call them, go here, go there, eat this, now that, no don't eat that, vacation, books, new storage, dollar store, TJ MAXX.  Whew... it's been nuts. But regardless, I am LOVING summer and am so excited about my classroom renovation! WOOHOO! If you read any of my previous posts, you might notice that I've been blessed to teach with green walls. Now, I'm so very thankful to have a classroom.  I have two giant windows and a smart board and great coworkers but the walls were a challenge... after pestering voicing my concerns about the "walls" to my principal, he managed to get REAL walls this summer!  No more keeping my kiddos quiet when doing whole brain lessons or singing aloud to Frozen! Now what's on my mind about the new walls? Can I move my smart board?  What will I do with all this real wall space? The green "walls" were cork board or magnetic... now how I display stuff? And the most important questions... WHEN can I go in to organize and decorate?




 

Bu-bye green walls!




Since I can't get into my room to work, I've been spending my days googling, pinning, and stalking reading other blogs for ideas for next year.  It's been a great use of my time, ;) I went out to town and found some great steals for my room! I don't have a whole lot of storage so I'm always on the hunt for good finds.  TA-DA! I LOVE these rolling carts!  I found the white one at Michael's.  It was 40% off and then I used my teacher ID on top of it.  I plan on using this one to organize all my task cards (I LOVE task cards!) The second one is from Big Lots... and let's all take a moment to appreciate the PRICE on this beautiful/not primary drawer thing.  HELLO, those are AWESOME colors!  I plan on using this one to organize my week, and the following week (if I can keep up! Haha!) It's perfect since it has 10 drawers!
 

I've had my TPT store since January and it's been quite an adventure!  As a new(er) teacher, I've created a lot of my own resources to use for my kids.  I LOVE to create and design stuff! Creating has become my creative outlet since we don't have a whole lot of room to craft in our teeny-tiny apartment.  I took a few days to go through all of my resources to update cover pages, add clip art, and make answer sheets for all my task cards.  My stuff has come a LONG way since January! Oh, and I even created a store banner- woo! Check out my store if you're interested.

Well friends, that's all I've got for now.  Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping as this new year starts, that I'll be more motivated to keep my page updated! What are your secrets for staying motivated?  How do you get involved with so many other bloggers?  I would LOVE to hear from you all! 

6 comments:

  1. First of all I have to say, I LOVE the name of your blog! Second, I love those shelves! I have the primary color ones (whomp whomp) but my school bought them so I guess I can't complain too much ;) Welcome back to blogging! I am trying to use the summer to get back into it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome back, Cole! I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things and use my new drawers! It's the little things that make teachers so happy! :) I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Wahoo for real walls! And the fact that they are not green! I love those rolling carts too, never though about organizing my task cards in them. Do you have the kiddos do the task cards on their own or in center-type of situations? Thanks for linking up!
    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to visit! I plan on using the drawers to hold cards based on subject/strand and mass copy the recording sheets in advance and placed in folders so they're ready whenever needed. Sometimes we play scoot, sometimes I put the cards around the room like a scavenger hunt, and sometimes I put them all on our rug and they can only take one at a time- this is really helpful for my "slower" workers. I also will give each table 4-6 cards to work on together and time them. After 10 minutes, the questions rotate to new tables and we start all over- my kids love that one! :)

      Delete
  3. Hiiii!

    I'm your newest follower and I am SO EXCITED because I'm also a fourth grade teacher in Virginia! I stumbled up on your blog name because I just love it- so cute. My blog name is also beverage-themed. Can't wait to see what you share in the future!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlyn! Thanks for your comment! What's better than sweet tea and lemonade?! I'll be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete

Interested in more?

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS