Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Room Reveal!

Last night was "Meet the teacher" night at my school and I met so many of new kiddos!  They seem like super sweet kids and one girl even said that my room was very "stylish." SCORE! Of course, many of my ideas in my room are from good ole pinterest for inspired from one of many blogs that I stalked visited over the summer.
My Uncle Tom built me that little chalkboard (the other side of the easel) when I was 8!  I had it in my 
"classroom" with my sister as my student!  He also cut the boards for my awesome crate seats!  I was so proud of this pinterest diy!

Small Group area 1

Small group area 2

View from the door! I don't really like the back left hand corner but my room doesn't have ANY closets, and only one small strip of cabinets (which I'm honestly afraid to open half the time- mice and bugs!) so I struggled with finding a place for my kids coat closets (one on either side) and my rolling cabinet.... sigh... it will work.... it does provide another little book nook area...

So here you see my small group tables, my CAFE board, our word catcher collection board, 36 words of praise, and other little things. (I have an American Graveyard above the CAFE board for all of those important dead guys!) Those neon bins are for collecting papers for different teachers, absent work, make up work, and the kids Wednesday Folders. (Graded work that goes home once a week) They're perfect and were for a perfect price at Big Lots!

The other side of my small group table, our writing process wall, Reading rotation bins (same ones at the ones in the previous photo, just standing up) our math games drawers, and our reading corner.

Another view of the reading corner and classroom library.  We use AR in our school but I try to keep the kids motivated with this "move it as you earn it" chart.

LOVE these posters. I love anything Disney and anything giraffe!

Another view of the back corner, small group area, and my VOICES writing curriculum board. Maybe that will get it's own post?

I used my old chalkboard to showcase "books in the spotlight." I plan on finding books that correlate with our Science/Social Studies unit for the kids to look at. I also can't stand the overhead lights so I have several lamps to brighten the room!

Computer area. I found the rules on TPT and added a few more posters :)

It's dark, but this is our content wall.  I put up vocabulary, graphs, pictures, and whatever else we are studying on the wall for the kids to look to during our lessons.  It was great anchor tool last year! 

Ugh...sigh... my room is awkward. I only have outlets on the two "real" walls so the IT department ran the computer chords into this only spot. So my computer is stuck. There are so many chords I tried to hide them with fabric but obviously, this section needs work.

Our schedule! I did make and design these! (And now I've noticed my times are out of order. DUH!)

I don't quite understand why my Smart Board is overlapping the white board (there is then a chalkboard under that!) but I'm thankful I have one! I made the alphabet strip with ribbon and cardboard letters.  I use sign language for informal assessments and HAD to add my whole brain teaching reminders! (From TPT of course!)

Birthday blooms, another lamp (stollen from my husband's college days), brain breaks, and a letter to the kiddos!

From the door (wish you could smell my scentsy online!) I have a "When you enter this room..." poster and the kids names in word cloud (from wordle) on the side.


Our team tubs. I found the team 3 button after this photo! The tubs have any supplies the kids might need during the day! Their Science or Social Studies binders will go on the bottom shelf once we start the year up!


Yesterday was our 2 month wedaversary. awww I know! What a great surprise these flowers were! We are both so busy in the evenings with coaching (me cheer, him football) but he still found a way to make me feel special! <3

Hope you enjoyed my tour!  Hopefully those green walls are growing on you?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interested in more?

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS